Bigpants Big Pants Depths TRS-80
Bigpants is Jim and Emilie McGinley.
We share the same last name, because we are married.
One of us wears pants... big pants. Bigpants?
Big pants is perhaps best known for our 1990 Comic
It's about a stick man who is happy because he wears big pants. Like all heros, he thrives in the face of no pants.
On March 2013, we're releasing Endlight
Otherwise known as End Light
We're quite proud of Endlight.
We're currently finishing 3D glasses game The Depths To Which I Sink
We are the official site of that wacky 3D red blue glasses Depths game.
. All good.
If you like games that require 3D glasses, you came to the right place.
At GDC 2012, Jim delivered a presentation Inspiration from the Trash
At the Game Developer's Conference 2012 TRS-80, the Trash-80 was fondly remembered and discussed.
Title: Inspiration from the Trash: The TRS-80's Lost Game Designs
A much shorter, less design centric version was presented at Gamercamp
All our games love you and want to be played.
- Our foray into the world of iPhone / iPad / Android tilt controls
- light at the end of the tunnel
- Totally not boring
- Help 4 blind men explore their sorroundings.
- Created for the Jay Is Games - Casual Gameplay Design Competition # 6
- Navigate icebergs in unforgiving seas to find 6 red pixels
that were never replaced with proper art.
- For reasons unexplained, you can resize the world while remaining the same size.
- Experimental Gameplay at its finest.
The Depths to Which I Sink
- created for Gamma 3D
- Smashing... Dodging... Smodging... in the Third Dimension!
- a 3D game that requires 3D glasses (oldschool Red & Blue)
- guaranteed to give you a headache
Hold me closer, Giant Dancer
- entry for the TIGSource Demake Competition
- ported the technical powerhouse PS2 game Shadow of the Colossus
to the TRS-80 Model III
- I've been sent 25 new creative monsters, will incorporate soon
- you are a lonely piece of cheese chasing a pogo hopping goat
- it's a non traditional puzzle game inspired by Quarto
- Yup, you guessed it, v2.0 is coming along
- an abstract, artistic game shunned by artists
- it's Nov. 1, 2009, and I'm still working on it. Hope to have a huge release next year.
- arcade version created for The Torontotron
Mario Inna Space
- a hard dose of galaxy jumping reality created for the TIGSource B-Game Competition
- I added 100 songs to my personal version, which created an amazing jukebox
- liberate the meatballs from their saucy prison, created at the mighty TOJam
- Nick did some amazing new graphics, still need to incorporate them
A Gigantic Pile O' Pants
- madly search for your pants in a giant pile of pants
- all you can currently do is toss pants around
Started January 2003. Still finishing...
- My magnum opus. My white whale. My mirror in the bathroom.
- Even thinking about it blows my mind.
- I love how it turned out, and plan to finish this properly soon
IndieCade just posted our Bigpants team video
, featuring furry stars.
IndieCade also posted every team video
While I haven't watched them all yet, PewPewPew
and Deepak Fights Robots
Depths is an IndieCade 2011 Finalist!
To celebrate, we've released the Gamercamp demo
to the public!
We're honoured our bigpants were chosen, and giddy about attending.
The selections are inspiring and intimidating
Swords & Sworcery
, and Depths were all developed in Toronto.
Never underestimate the power of smelly water
At Gamercamp Level2
, we demoed Depths right after Swords
, a fellow 2008 Gamma3D
selection, was also chosen by IndieCade!
In addition to anaglyph amazingness, it features head tracking
In August, IndieCade held their first IndieCade Mobile 3D Game Jam
Organizing and running TOJam #6
300 people attended, ate a whole lot of food, and made a whole lot of games.
We couldn't be more proud. These photos
say it all.
Our exclusive Depths Gamercamp demo is RELEASED
If you were cool enough to have attended Gamercamp LV2
then you can play it. If not, you're still cool...
and the full version will be released soonish.
Respect the bird. Follow us on Twitter
We promise to tweet about our lunch eatings and cats.
This year's plans...
Finish & Release Depths
Team up with GB Game Design Club for Suspension
, win IGF 2012
New Bigpants Website - we've got big plans
Create he brought a knife to a gunfight
Finish & Release All Ears
Unity-fy all existing games, unleash them.
Think big pants.
I ate some cookies, this is the result